Google AdWords or SEO? Why choose both?
Search engine optimization and Google AdWords are the 2 main components of SEM or search engine marketing and if you want to run a successful digital marketing campaign, then you definitely need to make the most of both of them. While they are different from one another, there are many situations when you’re going to need to use them both together and separately, based on your marketing goals and also your business.
In the paragraphs below, we’re going to focus more on both of these effective marketing tools in order to finally answer the age old question of which of the two is better for you to be able to achieve your marketing goals easier and faster.
SEO and AdWords
When it comes to search engine optimization, this is a method that allows you to make the content on your website a lot more relevant to the search engines and eventually increase your website’s page rank. By doing SEO for your website, you’ll eventually be able to rank higher organically in the SERPs. In order for this to be possible, the agency that’s going to do the SEO for you needs to optimize your website in terms of articles and keywords that are in line with your business and the products/services you’re offering.
On the other hand, when it comes to Paid search marketing or Google Adwords, this is a service offered by Google that allows you to place your ads at the top of the search engine results pages in order for people to see and click on them. What this means is that using them, you can easily target a wide range of users based on many factors, including their country, specific city and so forth.
As a result, whenever anyone in your target market is going to search for something on the internet, your ads are going to be displayed at the top of the SERPs. When the user clicks on it, he’s going to be taken to your website. You, as an advertiser in this case, are going to be charged every time someone clicks on your ad, since Adwords runs on the PPC system.
The main benefit of Adwords is that your business listing is going to be displayed alongside the natural search results when someone uses certain keywords in order to search for something online. However, in order to make it easier for you to decide which is better for your business, we’ve come up with a list of pros and cons for both of these essential marketing tools, as following.
SEO versus Adwords:
In general, it’s best if you could use a combination of both Paid search marketing and search engine optimization, since this is going to get your business the maximum amount of coverage you need in order to make sure it’s successful. Keep in mind that even if you do rank very well in Google and are exactly where you want to be, using Google Adwords is a good way to make sure you’re going to maintain your spot in the SERPs.
SEO vs. AdWords Comparison:
- If there’s one thing you need to know about SEO, that’s the fact that it’s going to generally take longer for you to see results compared to using Adwords. However, the good news is that it can easily help you rank higher in Google for a certain keywords. On top of that, you won’t be charged per click as it’s the case with Adwords, but you’ll pay a monthly fee to the SEO agency that does all the hard work so that you can increase your PR.
- It helps you optimize not only the quantity, but also the quality of incoming links to your site.
- When you stop doing search engine optimization, your website’s ranking is going to suffer.
- Search engine optimization helps you target high traffic keywords that your website is optimized for.
- It allows you to easily target any marketplace you want, whenever you want to, given the fact that it can be turned on and off anytime. Given that flexibility, it’s easy for you to make changes to your online campaign if there’s a sudden change of plans.
- With Adwords you have the peace of mind that whenever someone performs a search on Google by using your keywords, then that person is going to see your ads. While there’s no guarantee that this is going to help improve your rank in the organic search results it’s certain that it is effective when it comes to helping you get more clients.
- Many people love Adwords because if they don’t need it, then they can easily switch it off at any given time. You cannot do that with SEO which takes a lot longer to help your website rank higher.
- What’s great about Adwords is that they’re displayed at the top of the organic listings. In some cases, these are the only results that users see, so they can greatly help a website generate more sales.
- One of the best things about Adwords is that it can help you get a lot of traffic from the very beginning of your online campaign. This is extremely useful for seasonal products or services and new websites.
- Adwords will only run on websites that have registered for Google Affiliate Sites, the Google Search Engine and Google Ads.
- With Adwords, it’s easy to generate leads and sales.
As you can see, there are great differences between SEO and Adwords and the truth is that they certainly do not exclude one another. In fact, they are different tools that work differently and can help you achieve the same goal and that is to rank higher in the search engines and make more sales. Using one and not the other is a surefire way of losing business, so that is why it’s always best to consider using them in tandem. However, make sure that you don’t over optimize your website in order to rank higher in the SERPs. The content you post needs to always be high quality and relevant, since this is the type of content that turns clicks into sales!